Professional Memory Care Services
When a loved one is diagnosed with dementia, it can feel like life changes in a heartbeat. While a dementia diagnosis can require some changes to daily life, it doesn’t necessarily mean your loved one needs to leave the familiarity of home for a care facility. In fact, receiving in-home Alzheimer’s care can offer a multitude of benefits for both person living with dementia and his or her family members.
How Does Dementia Care at Home Benefit Older Adults?
Working with a professional dementia caregiver at home can help older adults in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing a break for family caregivers
- Creating a serene environment in and around the home
- Developing routines that can mitigate challenging behaviors
- Monitoring and reporting any changes in health or behavior
- Helping to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle
- And much more
At-Home Care Company’s care team provides a wide range of memory care services customized to help those with dementia live life on their own terms while receiving the care they need.
Our dementia care services at home include:
- Medication reminders
- Personal care services to assist with daily activities like bathing, dressing, hygiene, etc.
- Safety monitoring
- Friendly companionship
- Assistance with memory-enhancing games, music, art, and more to maximize quality of life
- Home modifications to ensure safety in the home
- Planning and preparing healthy meals
- Assistance with eating
- Respite care for family caregivers
- And much more
Additionally, our dementia caregivers offer a unique approach to managing some of the more challenging behaviors, such as aggression, wandering, sundowning, and inappropriate behavior, that helps restore calm and provides a dependable routine that is so important for those with dementia.