Connecting You to the Support You Need
At At-Home Care Company, we want those in need of in-home care services for a loved one to have access to a variety of helpful resources, in addition to the wide range of ways we can personally provide assistance.
For your convenience, we’ve listed links to some national and local organizations that we believe will be beneficial to families seeking education and/or support for themselves and their senior loved ones.
- Aging with Dignity: Aging with Dignity shares practical information, legal tools, and advice to ensure a senior’s wishes are honored.
- American Stroke Association: The American Stroke Association is the division of the American Heart Association that focuses solely on reducing disability and death from stroke through education, research, fundraising and advocacy.
- American Society on Aging: The American Society on Aging provides a wealth of educational programming, state-of-the-art information and training resources, and outstanding publications from the largest network of professionals in the industry.
- Best of Home Care: The Best of Home Care awards verify that an agency has high client and caregiver satisfaction. Awards are based on third-party interviews to determine satisfaction ratings, giving consumers confidence in choosing the best home care agency for themselves or a loved one.
- Family Caregiver Alliance: The Family Caregiver Alliance serves as a public voice for caregivers – the first community-based nonprofit organization in the U.S. to address the needs of those providing aging care services for a loved one at home.
- National Council on Aging: The National Council on Aging is a national network of individuals and organizations committed to improving the health and independence of older adults, enhancing their continued contributions to society and future generations, and building caring communities.
State and Local Resources
- Greater Iowa Alzheimer’s Association: The Alzheimer’s Association is a leader in Alzheimer’s care, research and support. The Iowa chapter serves all 99 Iowa counties with resources for family and caregivers impacted by a loved one’s diagnosis.
- Iowa Department on Aging: The Iowa Department on Aging provides information on supportive services, health, prevention and wellness, family caregiver support, senior employment, and more, to assist in improving the quality of life and care for older Iowans.
- LifeLong Links (Iowa’s Aging and Disability Resource Center): LifeLong Links provides a wealth of resources for seniors, including food and nutrition, health care and wellness, legal services, and more.
- Mary Greeley Medical Center – Older Adult Services: A variety of resources for seniors are provided, including links to the AARP Driver Safety Program, Meals on Wheels, senior health clinics, and more.
Our professional care team can provide additional home care resources that relate directly to the individual challenges you or your senior loved one are facing. Contact At-Home Care Company online or by calling our Des Moines home care specialists at (515) 292-2650 and let us know how we can help.